[CLOSED] Vacancy: programmer (social) sustainability MOMO Festival ( X / V / M )
8 hours per week, from November to April, in employment or as a freelance assignment)
Motel Mozaïque is committed as a storyteller, booster and initiator of other views and encounters, with Rotterdam as a source of inspiration and backdrop. As a guide on expeditions and as a stimulator for a hospitable city. Based on this ambition, Stichting Motel Mozaïque annually organises the largest multidisciplinary city festival in Rotterdam, several large concerts, MOMO Fabrique and we encourage and guide young makers within MOMO Create.
Due to the departure of one of our programmers, we are looking for a team member who can put together programs, from a social or sustainable perspective, for MOMO festival.
The programmer is responsible for the sustainable program of the festival. We interpret sustainability in the broadest sense of the word, with an eye for social and environmental issues. Most of this program is presented on our freely accessible MOMO Playground. In addition to developing and compiling the program, you are also partly responsible for the translation to the public (in collaboration with your marketing colleagues), and the output/production. Within these themes, we previously presented a foraging walk as part of the Guided Tours, an Iftar and a Queer Gym.
Position in the Organisation
As a programmer you are part of the program team, under the direction of the Head of Program. You regularly consult with the Head of Program, and there are sometimes program consultations where all disciplines are at the table.
We are looking for someone who:
- knows MOMO Festival, understands its artistic and sustainable vision, can put together and present programs in that vision;
- someone with a solid and relevant network in the city of Rotterdam;
- is flexible; some periods there is more to do and sometimes nothing;
- can work independently and has a great sense of responsibility;
- is proactive, we like to make room for new plans and ideas;
- likes to work together in a team, and also likes to delve into relevant themes and developments.
Terms of Emplyment
Motel Mozaïque offers:
- a position at a connecting and progressive festival in the Netherlands;
- a great team, with plenty of room for new ideas and initiatives; we work based on trust;
- an appropriate fee according to the branch organisation VNPF.
Celebrating and stimulating diversity in a broad sense (views, ideas, culture, age, gender, sexual preference, religion, etc.) is an important focus of Motel Mozaïque. We therefore strive for a balanced workforce.
Interested? You can apply until Monday 14 August. The first interviews will take place on Wednesday 23 August.