Code of Conduct – MOMO Festival 2023
With hospitality as a foundation and Rotterdam – the largest minority-majority city in the Netherlands – and as a backdrop and source of inspiration, MOMO strives for an environment in which you feel welcome, represented and safe. Our house rules and general terms and conditions help to achieve this goal:
1. Respect Others: Treat everyone with respect, kindness, and empathy regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion, sexual orientation, or ability. Any unwanted behavior such as harassment, bullying, discrimination, hate speech or violence will not be tolerated.
2. Consent: Always ask for consent before engaging in any physical or intimate contact. No means no & maybe means no- make sure you respect other people’s boundaries and personal space. Any unwanted physical or sexual contact will not be tolerated.
3. Alcohol and Substance Use: You must be of legal age to consume alcohol or use any illegal substances. Please use alcohol and drugs responsibly, and do not engage in any dangerous or reckless behavior that may put yourself or others at risk.
4. Environmental Consciousness: Help us keep the festival site clean and green by disposing of your trash properly and recycling whenever possible. Please respect the environment and wildlife around us.
5. Safety: Follow all safety guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety and that of others.
6. Photography and Media: Taking photos with your mobile or 35mm camera is allowed during the festival, unless a location has different rules. When taking pictures, please make sure not to obstruct other visitors’ experience. Therefore, take photos without flash and ask for consent if you want to take a picture of someone. Professional cameras (detachable lens) as well as video and other recording equipment are only allowed for accredited photographers.
7. Follow Festival Rules: Follow all festival rules and guidelines as outlined by festival staff or security. Failure to comply may result in expulsion from the festival.
8. Confidential Counselor: We as an organisation are aware that this is a continuous learning process and that we make mistakes. We are happy to hear feedback and we want everyone to feel comfortable reaching out to us to point out where we’ve made mistakes or where we can improve. For this you can contact our confidential counselor Det (she/her) via email@example.com
9. Visitors: We reserve the right to refuse entry to those who endanger the safety or inclusion of other festival visitors.
10. Collective responsibility: we are all sharing space together so please be aware of your surroundings. Witnessed a strange situation or somebody needs assistance? Make sure to report any suspicious activity or behavior to festival staff or security immediately.
We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive space for everyone to enjoy. If you witness or experience any violations of this code of conduct, please report it to festival staff or security immediately.